You would be forgiven for thinking I’m obsessed with the school run. I am. I hate it! To that end I’ve compiled a list of ways to spot a school run car, starting with –
1) Scratches to the bumper from all the head to toe parking outside the school and escaped trolleys at the supermarket that seem to be a magnet for school run cars
2) Dents in the door from kids flinging the door open and no parent and child spaces available in the supermarket so having to park in close proximity to other cars
3) Finger and face prints peering from the inside rear windows due to the “let me out” faces pressed against them. Not to mention the snot trail wiped down the window. Ugh!
4) Sticky patches from drinks, sweets, sandwiches crisps even sun lotion you name it, it’s sticky and in your car
5) Rubbish tons and tons of rubbish from sweet wrappers, crisp packets and lolly sticks to leaves, twigs, stones and other “precious” items picked up on walks that cannot possibly be discarded before entering the car. The list is endless and it usually ends up blowing down the road every time you open your car door – cue frantic mum chasing after a rogue Starburst wrapper
6) Car seats a necessity and a harbourer of a multitude of germs. Washed once in a blue moon, usually only when absolutely necessary like a vomit or poo related incident. Have you ever tried to get the covers back on? Even YouTube isn’t your friend there!
7) Dvd screens or tablets or games or books anything to keep the little darlings amused on long (and short) journeys
8) Chargers for above mentioned electronic amusement aids. We have a multi adapter plugged into the cigarette lighter in our car. Yep! It’s that desperate
9) Blankets and a boot full of crap. Blankets either to keep the kids warm or for picnics. We even have one of those with a waterproof backing, I know. We’re posh (we’re not)
10) Harassed adult behind the wheel. Usually Mum but often Dad or childminder.
There you have it. My top ten ways to spot a school run car. If you have any others to add to the list I’d love to hear them
For the purposes of disclosure this is actually our car. Yes it needs a clean.