Post written in collaboration with Image Casting
Last week, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, that’s Harry and Meghan to most of us, welcomed their first son Archie Harrison into the world.
Here at Image Casting, we’ve been giddy with excitement and would like to send our congratulations to the royal couple.
When a new baby enters into the family, it’s a special time for everyone. But it can also be a bit scary when you don’t know what to expect in those first few weeks, or what the must-have items are to get you through.
So, with the help of some of our favourite parent bloggers, we’ve compiled a list of the 10 best things you can buy for the new parents you know. Whether you’re an expectant parent yourself or you have a sibling, friend or workmate who is, this is an essential read.
See below for the fabulous suggestions… And we’d like to know if there’s any you’d add to the list – comment on our posts on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram to be in with a chance to win a special hamper for new parents.
- Erica at The Incidental Parent: A cake! I love cake and being given a slice encouraged me to sit with a cup of tea and relax for a moment.
- Rachel at Coffee, Cake and Kids: A travel mug. They knew I couldn’t survive without a hot drink, which was hard to make when I was stuck under a feeding baby all the time. It was a lifesaver.
- Nikki at Yorkshire Wonders: A Just Eat voucher so I could relax for a couple of evenings and not have to cook. This was a most marvellous present!
- Lianne at Ankle Biters Adventures: A huge box of chocolates! They got me through the night-feeds with a much-needed little sugar rush.
- Gemma at Life of a Mumsy Lawyer: A book called ‘The Little book of Self-Care for Mums’. It was really useful and helped me in my birth recovery. Also, my friends did a raffle where they donated wipes and nappies for the chance to win a prize, those lasted me a few months!
- Lucy at The Parent Game: A baby milestone record book. It was actually a gift for my eldest to help her bond with her new brother, but it’s a lovely gift for Mum too. I think including a gift for the sibling is a good idea, as they may be feeling pushed out.
- Jo at A Rose Tinted World: Some massive muslin cloths! They were big enough to use as swaddling cloths, but were brilliant for using as a shade, a feeding cover and for burping too! Mine are currently being upcycled into reusable makeup pads and sanitary pads!
- Vicky at The Growing Mum: A keepsake box. There were a few things post-birth that I wanted to keep, but didn’t have the energy to organise them properly. I was able to throw them in the box and sort them a few months later without worrying about them getting lost.
- A Farm and Baby: I was given a bottle of Calpol and a bottle of Infacol, it was great because I needed both at some point after baby was here and I didn’t have to think about going out and buying them. Also, a nice candle, a lip balm (I had really dry, sore lips after labour which I didn’t expect) and chocolate were fab Mummy treats!
- Image Casting Gift Voucher: If you want to present them with a truly original and personal gift that they’ll treasure forever, why not get them a gift voucher to go towards one of our beautiful newborn casts? We can create a voucher for any cast that you would like to purchase as a gift, or for a set amount to put towards a cast.
Thanks to all the bloggers for their suggestions, there are some great ideas here and it’s inspired us to run a competition for you to win a hamper that you can give to any expectant parents you might know. Our hamper includes not only some essential bits and pieces for the beautiful new arrival, but some special items for Mum to help her through the early days of motherhood too.
To enter: Click on these links to view our competition on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and leave a comment, sharing with us your top tip for presents to give new parents. While you’re there, why not like or follow our accounts too?
Here’s what the hamper contains:
1 x bottle of Calpol, a pack of muslin squares (you can never have too many of them with a baby, right!?), an Image Casting gift voucher worth £275, 1 x box of Booja-Booja espresso chocolate truffles, 1 x bottle of Benecos Seabuckthorn and Orange hand and nail cream and 1 x Burt’s Bees Pomegranate lip balm.
Please note: The Image Casting Gift Voucher will entitle the holder to a single freestanding, cold cast bronze foot cast (up to 12 months). No base or silicone will be included, but these can be purchased at the time. The voucher must be used within 12 months and the holder must be able to come to the Battersea workshop to have the cast taken. No cash alternative is available and delivery is included. This competition will close on Friday 31st May.
Good luck!Follow me on social media for more!
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.